Taste of Peru
Visit Machu Picchu, Cusco and the Sacred Valley on this whistle stop tour of Peru.This 8 day tour allows you to visit many of Peru must see sights in a short space of time. Start your holiday with a couple of nights in Peru's capital city Lima. Modern Lima is nowadays famous for some of the best food in all of South America with several world class restaurants. After Lima it is up into the Andes and a stay in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a region packed with bustling market towns and Inca ruins. From the Sacred Valley you continue to Machu Picchu where you enjoy a guided tour of these magnificent ruins. You finish your trip in the beautiful and historic town of Cuzco which was once the Inca capital and nowadays is an excellently preserved colonial town.
- Lima: The capital’s great architectural ensemble has earned the UNESCO World Heritage Site status, with attractions such as the Casa Aliaga, the Cathedral and the Main Square Pisac and Ollantaytambo:
- Explore the ancient town of Pisac and the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo among other sights Cusco:
- Discover the former capital of the Inca Empire, where the ruins of the former civilization and the Spanish colonial legacy provide attractions such as the baroque Cathedral, and the Sacsayhuaman and Puka Pukara archaeological sites
- Machu Picchu: The lost city of the Incas is hidden on top of an Andean peak, offering views not only of the mountains but also of the Inca past
- Direct flights available with British Airways from London Gatwick (regional departures available too)
- Itinerary can be tailor made to your requirements.