ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR SRI LANKA FROM APRIL 2021
PRIOR TO BOARDING:
All travellers require a visa, this will be issued for 30 days and can be extended for up to 6 months after arrival. Online visa at: http://www.eta.gov.lk
PCR Test required for all travellers (except those under 2 years who are exempt) from an accredited laboratory and obtain a negative result 72 hours before their flight.
Travel plans for all arrivals to Sri Lanka must follow the Tourism Travel Bio Bubble which includes a confirmed hotel stay in a certified Level 1 Safe & Secure hotel, pre-arranged transportation with a certified safe & secure agent and can only visit approved tourist sites/attractions. Requirements differ depending on whether you have been vaccinated or not. Travelers who have completed the recommended dose of COVID-19 vaccination and arriving after two weeks of completion of the vaccination will be considered vaccinated.
For more information: www.srilanka.travel/helloagain
Pre-purchase relevant number of PCR tests (cost $40 per person per PCR test) dependant on duration of stay in Sri Lanka and whether you are COVID-19 vaccinated or not, along with mandatory Covid health insurance (cost $12 per person and required for all travelers).
Pre-paid PCR test requirements for Sri Lanka:
- If vaccinated = 1 PCR test on arrival only
- If not vaccinated = 2 PCR tests, 1 on arrival and 2nd test on exit
- Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing
- Children between 2-12 years
- Vaccinated route – undergo only on arrival PCR test
- Non vaccinated route – undergo only exit PCR testlers who have not completed the OVID 19 vaccination
Produce a negative PCR test result on arrival at the airport, along with a completed Health Declaration form.
Pre-arranged transportation to your hotel, where your first pre-purchased PCR test will be carried out at the hotel prior to check-in. All travelers must stay within a level 1 safe & secure hotel as approved by the Ministry of Health until their negative PCR test is returned. Movements of guests will be restricted to the hotel grounds for up to 48 hours or until results are received for vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers.
Travelers who have not been vaccinated need to follow the ‘Bio Bubble’ protocol for the first 14 days of their stay, whereas vaccinated travelers can travel freely from after their negative test result is returned within 48 hours of arrival.
· If you are non-vaccinated and your stay is less than 5 days, a second PCR test is not required.
· If your stay is between 5 – 14 days and you are non-vaccinated, perform the second PCR test depending on the date of departure, allowing 24-48 hours for the results to be returned.
· If your stay is more than 14 days, perform the second PCR test between days 11-14 from arrival date (test results take between 24-48 hours to be returned) and from day 15, if you have not already departed Sri Lanka, you are able to travel around the island freely without the need to stay in a level 1 safe & secure hotel and all sightseeing/attractions are open to visit.
Government Laws and local restrictions regarding country entry requirements are continually changing. Always check the embassy’s website for the country you wish to visit or the FCDO website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice for the latest travel advice and entry requirements.