Yucatan Fly Drive Featuring Haciendas
Journey through the history of the Yucatan from the formidable Mayan civilisation to the Spanish influence, staying in haciendas from the height of the 'green gold' era.Beyond the glittering beaches Mexico's Yucatan peninsula contains UNESCO protected ancient sites, towns dating back to the Spanish conquest and unique cenotes - limestone sinkholes, not to mention celebrated food, drink and natural beauty. This tried and tested self drive experience takes you to both well known and lesser known archaeological sites, colonial towns, 16th Century convents & restored haciendas.
- Experience stays in historic plantation houses, lovingly restored into tranquil retreats
- Incorporates the area's main sights including Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Merida and Campeche
- Detailed description of driving route provided along with tips and advice
- 7 nights accommodation included (2 nights All Inclusive beach resort; 5 nights Haciendas around the Yucatan)
- Includes car hire for 6 days
- Includes return economy flights from London to Cancun