On the island of St Vincent, you’ll find Buccament Bay Resort – a retreat where the cliché of white sandy beaches, gently sloping mountains and emerald green waters meets reality. There’s plenty to do at this village-style resort, whether you want to enjoy a jam-packed getaway or simply relax with a good book beside the pool. Build sandcastles on the beach, hike up an active volcano, be coached in cricket, tennis or football by a sporting legend, dive below the ocean to see the fascinating marine life of the Caribbean, or simply relax beside the two beachside swimming pools and knock back another cocktail on the All Inclusive plan. Here are a few things you can look forward to at Buccament Bay this summer:
WHAT TO DO
Embrace the warm waters of the Caribbean with a new watersport. Guests of Buccament Bay can look forward to scuba diving, motor boating, Catamaran cruises, snorkelling, deep sea fishing, kayaking, and glass-bottomed boating.
Feel the stress leave your body at the on-site spa with treatments by ESPA. We’re talking outdoor massages in a Thai pavilion overlooking the pond or under a gazebo on the beach. The world is your oyster.
Kids Club, Teen Zone & Babysitting
Buccament Bay is a great choice for families with plenty to keep the little ones busy. The Little Harlequins Kids Club has fun activities, toys, puzzles and games, as well as a small play park where kids can enjoy fun activities with other children their own age. We’re talking treasure hunts, beach bonfires, pyjama parties, face painting, movie nights, beach parties, sand castle making, cookie decorating, and more. The teen club offers a chill-out zone for teen and babysitting services are available for parents who want to enjoy a night off.
Plenty of Pool Time
Collapse onto your sun lounger and start that book you’ve been meaning to read. The pool has umbrellas and waiter service so you can keep the cocktails flowing.
There are plenty of exciting excursions available at Buccament Bay that allows you to explore the surrounding area. Here are some exciting excursions to look forward to:
- Cruise to Bequia: Cruise to Bequia, stopping off at Moonhole, a large natural arch on the western tip of the island and sunbathe on Princess Margaret Beach.
- Historic tour of Kingstown: Visit the town’s historic landmarks, including Fort Charlotte, Roman Catholic Church, and St Georges Anglican Church.
- Climb La Soufriere: Climb the 1,200 metre active volcano of La Soufriere which dominates St Vincent’s northern region. The three mile hike travels through rainforest, bamboo thicket, and cloud forest before reaching the mile wide crater.
- Sunset cruise: Float off on a sunset catamaran cruise and enjoy a Caribbean sunset.
- Botanical Gardens of St Vincent: Explore the oldest gardens in the western hemisphere and discover rare tropical plants, flowers, and birds.
- Dark View Falls: Set within a bamboo forest, these two waterfalls are reached by a bamboo bridge and there is a natural pool for swimming.
- Owia Salt Pond: This natural volcanic formation is a huge rock pool filled with sea water, home to reef fish and coral.
- Vermont Nature Trail: Wind through a rainforest reserve with ferns, bamboo and tropical flora and see the St Vincent parrot (national emblem) and over 35 different species of birds, iguana and armadillo.
- Catamaran to Tobago Cays: Explore the 5 uninhabited islands in The Grenadines surrounded by a horseshoe reef where you can swim and snorkel with turtles. Includes a visit to Saltwhistle Bay, lunch on board the catamaran, and a stop at Palm Island’s beach bar.
- Boat trip to Wallilabou: Enjoy a boat trip to Wallilabou and the film set of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Snorkel at Mt Wynne beach, one of the island’s best black sand beaches.
MASTER CLASS COACHING
Where else can you be coached in your favourite sport by some of the most famous sports stars in the world? The Harlequin Sports Academy offers football, cricket, and tennis coaching for both children and adults – for FREE with your All Inclusive plan. There are also singing and acting classes to be held by professional drama coaches.
WHERE TO STAY
Buccament Bay offers a variety of accommodation to suit families, couples, and solo travellers alike. Choose from beautiful guest rooms, junior suites, one and two bedroom family suites, or deluxe garden and beachfront villas with spectacular views of the tropical gardens or Caribbean Sea.
ALL INCLUSIVE PLAN
Leave your wallet at home and enjoy a luxury Caribbean holiday with all the creature comforts of home – and more! The All Inclusive plan includes the following:
– Meals and snacks at all restaurants
– All soft drinks and water & selected wines and spirits
– In-room meals (nominal delivery cost charged)
– Masterclass coaching sessions
– Singing and acting classes
– Evening entertainment
– Little Harlequins Kid’s club
– Fitness centre
– Use of cricket nets and tennis courts
Book your All Inclusive stay at Buccament Bay Resort today! Click here to find out more.