Best at Travel Tried & Tested Hotels in Thailand: Zeavola Resort Phi Phi Island
A few steps from the powder-white sands of northern Phi Phi Don and it’s as though you’ve teleported to a jungle somewhere in South America. Leafy green trees provide shelter from the sweltering sun and friendly staff are quick to supply cool, crisp hand towels and a tasty berry-red welcome drink. Kick off your shoes – you won’t need them here. Zeavola Resort seems to have coined the term “barefoot luxury”. It’s an unusual Thai resort, close enough to the beach, yet so enshrouded by the buzz of nature that you could easily forget where exactly you are.
A network of sandy pathways connect the reception area, luxury spa, restaurants and rustic wooden chalets which all have an emphasis on the outdoors – expect open-air bathrooms and outdoor spaces hidden from your neighbours only by the privacy of tall green foliage. While the chalets offer all the mod cons you’d need – king-sized beds, indoor or outdoor bathrooms and air-conditioning, you’ll be spending most of your time outside of your room, cooling off in the resort swimming pool, learning to dive just off-shore or treating yourself to a traditional Thai massage at the award-winning Zeavola Spa.
- The resort motto “step back to simplicity” epitomises a stay at this barefoot luxury resort.
- It’s a green hotel. Having won the Green Pearl® Award, the hotel practises responsible tourism by recycling grey water, energy-saving lighting, composting, and supporting conservational efforts such as the Green Fins and Coral Freedom projects.
- The General Manager, Florian Hallerman, is hands-on and friendly. He’s always around for a chat.
- It’s super simple to get around by long-tail boat with drivers waiting 24 hours a day from the beach. It’s like having a water Uber service!
- The extremely talented spa therapists are some of the best we have encountered on our travels.
- The night dives that can be organised by the resort. The resort is home to the only green five star dive centre on Phi Phi Don Island.
Best at Travel tips
- As a resort that focuses on nature as the main attraction, the buildings are minimalistic and you can expect a few insects or two in your room. If you’re icky about insects and don’t like the idea of being so close to nature, then perhaps this resort isn’t the one for you. But for those who enjoy getting back to basics, this barefoot luxury resort doesn’t disappoint.
- While the resort has two restaurants of its own, there are also plenty of restaurants located a short walk down the beach so you can try something new every night of your stay.
- Organise a speedboat transfer to the resort. It’s much simpler, faster and more comfortable than the ferry. Chat to us about adding a speedboat transfer to your booking.
- As the resort has sandy pathways, it is not recommended for wheelchair users or people with mobility issues.
- As the island can be humid, there may be mosquitoes. Bring along your own mosquito repellent for night-time dinners on the beach.
- Try the Sun Soother Body Wrap – the yoghurt and cucumber remedy is a great way to relieve sunburn after a day on the beach. We’d recommend adding on a facial and foot treatment to complete the pamper package!
- As Zeavola Resort is located at the northern point of Phi Phi Don Island, you can only get around by long-tail boat. The exciting shopping and nightlife of Tongsai Bay is approx. 25 minute boat ride away.
- Organise a day trip to the surrounding islands, such as Monkey Beach, Bamboo Island and the famous Maya Bay. Long-tail boat drivers are available at the beach right outside the resort 24 hours a day and you can usually barter with them for a good price.
- The two Beachfront Suites are located right on the sands of the beach with their own direct beach access. They are also close to the pool.
- The Pool Villas are located high up on the hillside away from the beach. Prepare for a bit of a climb to reach your room.
Getting to the resort
Opt for a ferry to Tongsai Bay and a long-tail boat trip to the resort or spend a little more to enjoy the convenience of the resort’s own speedboat transfer service from Royal Phuket Marina. You’ll enjoy the full VIP experience with a pick up from the airport or your previous hotel to the marina where coffee and cake will be served while you wait. You’ll also enjoy bottled water on board and a speedy transfer to the resort so that you have more time to enjoy your holiday. Chat to our travel experts about booking your transfers today!
Want to plan your own stay to Zeavola Resort on Phi Phi Island? Browse our website or chat to our Thailand experts on 02037 977 216 to start planning your holiday today!