Borneo Beach & Wildlife
- Enjoy a sunset cocktail at Coco Joe's Bar & Grill at Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru
- Discover the nearby night market and the wondrous array of local foods and trades
- Take a day tour over to Sandakan and Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre to marvel at the beautiful Orang Utans
- Return back to Kota Kinabalu and disappear off to an island getaway on Gaya Island Resort
- Indulge in an iconic 'Spa Village' experience on the island getaway
Learn about these amazing primates as a day trip from your Borneo beach holiday.
For time-strapped or money-conscious adventurers who want to enjoy the sites of Borneo and have the opportunity to see the amazing Orang Utans in their own natural surrounds, this 7-night itinerary encapsulates superb experiences in one neat and exciting package. Upon arrival into Kota Kinabalu, enjoy 3 nights in the hybrid city/beach hotel of Shangri-La Tanjung Aru. Upon an early morning check-out, we whisk you off to the airport for a flight to Sandakan to visit the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre where orphaned and injured Orang Utans are nursed and rehabilitated to return to the wild. Visit the local market, a water village, and Buddhist Temple before heading back to Sandakan Airport and back to KK. Upon arrival back to Kota Kinabalu, take a boat journey over to Gaya Island Resort where you can indulge in some relaxation and rejuvenation for 4 luxurious nights.